POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray beta 1 has expired... : Re: POV-Ray beta 1 has expired... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray beta 1 has expired...
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 8 May 1998 20:09:23
Message: <35539EB3.96E039D2@bigfoot.com>
Hi Robert,

Well, If you have access to compuserve and we don't, why ask that question in this
newsgroup, where no one but the POV team would understand your question.

I never knew beta versions were time limited, and it does not make sense for me to
time limit a freeware, but well, they probably have their reasons.

Message to the POV-Ray team : yes, I know, you want to keep betas and development more
confidential, still if you did take into account the vote of others, mine would be for
widening the circle, and not limiting that circle to a very private and very selective
service provider. I also am aware there are advantages for you to do so, still the
internet is really not just compuserve and I really feel POV-Ray could benefit a wider
and more open development spectrum outside of compuserve. I understand that widening
opens to management problems due to the accrued number of active contributors, still
in my mind, it would be the preferred option.
But whatever you think, I respect your choices and views, POV-Ray is great and it is
worth lots of patience if that is the only thing we can hang on to.

Back to the answer to Robert : if you want to be nice to people who do not have access
to compuserve, please don't be teasing them just because you do, and stop asking them
about things they cannot have a clue about that'll be more polite.

I hope you got the message right (positive),
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.